Welcome

Welcome to RodRod Scrolled Art! I create handmade scroll saw art from wood, specializing in portraits.What's a scroll saw ?It's a saw that uses a blade not much wider than a human hair.It allows creating very intricate detail.I hand select each piece of wood that I use and I use both domestic and exotic woods.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Lead in Jewelry

Today I ventured out to read a few blogs from artisans over at etsy.com.The first one I visited is from Enthral. Enthral is a jewelry maker and has began research to determine if any of the materials she uses may contain lead.In her blog she has currently listed some items that may contain lead.This list includes ,but isn't limited to such items as pottery, pre 1972 dinnerware, and old metal buttons.

She has also purchased lead testing kits, and will continue to update her list as she discovers more lead bearing items.

She has also provided the links in her blog to the sites where she found this information.This will be very valuable information to watch for and may mandate taking a closer look at those family heirlooms that have been handed down.

To keep up to date on this issue, visit her post on this here: http://enthral-enthral.blogspot.com/2007/05/my-concerns-about-lead-continued.html




No comments: