Welcome

Welcome to RodRod Scrolled Art! I create handmade scroll saw art from wood, specializing in portraits.What's a scroll saw ?It's a saw that uses a blade not much wider than a human hair.It allows creating very intricate detail.I hand select each piece of wood that I use and I use both domestic and exotic woods.

Friday, May 18, 2007

A Horse Is A Horse Of Course Of Course

Surely you have a story you could weave around this stately equine portrait.Is it your first horse, a show winner, or perhaps a derby or steeplechase winner?Does it conjure up childhood memories?



When I started creating this portrait, my mind began wandering back to an old childhood memory of watching a television show called Mr. Ed.

Mr. Ed was a talking horse who would never let anyone hear him but his master Wilbur. But the crazy thing is, they would actually engage in intelligent conversation.

You can find out more about this "Lucky Horse" portrait at his stable in my online etsy shop.
http://uploads.etsy.com/edit_listing5.php?listing_id=5990998